The ongoing COVID-19 situation is changing seemingly hourly. In such unprecedented times, the best thing to do is to sit tight, not to panic and follow the government guidelines. In all this, you are entrusting us to look after your investments and pensions, so we wanted to update you as to the practicalities of that.
Until now the office has remained open, with all staff operating under strict social distancing guidelines, and no visits being made to the office, or to clients’ homes. But it has become clear that it would be better for all concerned if the office were to close, so to that end, the office in the Wharfside will close from the end of the day, Monday 23rd March 2020.
Please note the following:
- We are most certainly open for business!
- Post will be checked in the office once per day, at least until the government orders complete lockdown
- Phone lines are working and are being redirected to our mobiles – please call as you normally would. In order to prevent overwhelm, we are limiting phone hours to 10am till 4pm. If you call outside these hours, you can leave a voicemail and someone will get back to you as soon as possible
- The easiest way you can get hold of your adviser is by email
- Everything is likely to take longer than usual, at least until we get used to the new normal, so please bear with us.
We continue to monitor the developing situation. We believe that your investments are set up in such a way that will weather the storm, but we understand that it can be very worrying while things are so volatile.
We will attempt to speak with as many of our clients as possible in the coming days and weeks, but please don’t hesitate to call your adviser, if you have any concerns.
We appreciate your patience, and your ongoing trust
Finally, you may be interested in our Managing Director Pete Matthew’s recent conversation with Behavioural Finance expert Neil Bage about coping in such uncertain times. Watch the video here.
Kind regards, and stay safe
Your Jacksons Team